Assistant Manager The Garage
Assistant Manager Garage
Reports to: Garage General Manager
Salary: Dependant on experience
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager with at least 2-years’ experience in a similar role. The individual will have experience in a fast moving, hands-on, structured role within the bar or nightclub industry.
You will always ensure great levels of service and lead and motivate your team by example using your own energy and passion to achieve goals
As Assistant Manager, you will be part of a team responsible for the daily operations and performance of this stylish bar, restaurant, live and club operation. Working alongside the GM, Deputy and Head Office teams, this is very much a hands-on position. Your main duties will include ensuring our customers are provided with top quality products and service. This role required working late nights and weekends.
The role requires a passion for customer focus and an eye for detail. There are great career progression opportunities for a vibrant and driven Manager.
- Duty & Shift Management of the Venues
- Responsible for ensuring the venue is safe for staff and customers and completion of venue checklists and monitoring during opening hours.
- Responsible for delegated DPS role for the venue when the duty managing (DPS not present) and ensure that the venue is operating according to Licensing laws and conditions of the venue license.
- Briefing bar staff and security
- Managing venue staff’s performance at the event (including prep and end of night), including providing feedback to staff and relevant manager where required and taking any disciplinary actions where necessary.
- High level of performance during clubnight operation
- Dealing with bands and tour managers
- Performing settlements
- Cashing up tills
- Creating P&L’s and distributing internally
- Staff Management and recruitment
- Production of rotas for bar personnel in a suitable time frame as requested by the General Manager and within appropriate staff and venue budget
- Ensure all staff complete appropriate training on the on line Flow system and have all correct paperwork completed and up to date.
- Recruitment and development (reviews and appraisals) of staff for the venue as and when required.
- Update and maintain the DHP time management system, payroll and staff online system
- Bar personnel and cleaners to be rota’d in accordance with budget and financial targets as distributed by the General Manager
- Providing assistance to the General Manager in knowledge and development of personnel standards and execution of sales procedures; including food service, table service and bar service
Venue Systems & Procedures
- Liaising with Security on show days and club nights
- Generating Security briefs to be presented to security staff on a nightly basis
- Assistance to GM
- Assist the General Manager in the venue operation, including staffing or systems as directed by the manager
- Covering the work of other Assistant Managers during their absence (holidays, illness etc) as directed by the General Manager
- Comply with and ensure that company financial procedures are kept to, including the Purchase Ordering system.
- Control venue costs to deliver venue KPI’s.
- Ensure production of accurate nightly P&L’s and reports and their distribution to relevant DHP managers
- Responsible for cash held in the venue. Work closely alongside Finance team to adopt best practice in cash handling (safety of cash and personnel and minimising amounts of cash held in the venue).
- Working with the finance team and senior management will forecast yearly budgets and strive with the help of your team to meet set targets.
- Present monthly review of the business
- Fulfil the DPS role for the venue and ensure that the venue is operating according to Licensing laws and conditions of the venue license.
- Liaise with police & licensing authority. Ensure venue representation at Pubwatch meetings
Venue Systems and procedures
- Ensuring the venue operates according to its operating policies (such as the venue operating, security, health & safety policies).
- Responsible for venue stocks (including bar), their security and maintaining at their optimum levels.
- Developing and implementing systems and procedures to improve the performance of the venue.
- Responsible for production, completion and verification of venue compliance documentation (bar refusal sheets, bar hygiene checklists, club checks, closing club checks, toilet check sheets, housekeeping records, accident reports)
- Responsible for the completion of the venue’s weekly filing system
- Updating and monitoring the company’s accident management system
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Garage Team
- Area Manager / Senior General Manager
- DHP Family Promoters
- DHP Head office staff
- Event Staff (including tech, security, bar)
- Visiting bands, DJ’s and artistes
- 3rd party promoters
- Suppliers and contractors
- Security company & staff
This is a great opportunity to work in the independent retail business with a strong plan for expansion. If you’re outgoing, passionate about upcoming trends in food and beverage, service, music and interested in working with a company who values their employees then please apply with a CV and covering letter stating salary expectations to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
Please note that due to the volume of applications and CVs that we receive we may not be able to reply to every application. If you are successful in your application, you will be contacted via e-mail or phone and be invited to attend an interview.