DHP Venue Assistant Manager – Rock City
DHP Venue Assistant Manager
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager
TEAM/DEPARTMENT: Rock City
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Deputy General Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Venue Staff, Security
Rock City is one of the biggest names on the UK club and live music circuit and has been since it first opened its doors three decades ago. An exciting opportunity to be part of the team at Rock City has come up, and if you feel you have the expertise and drive to manage such a prestigious venue, we would like to hear from you.
To ensure the venue is operating at a safe and excellent level of service through management of venue staff and compliance procedures and to ensure the venue is operating at a profit through monitoring of controllable costs on a nightly basis. To ensure all venue staff are meeting the requirements set out for their particular job.
To provide support to the General Manager through duty shift management and any other duty as reasonably requested.
1. Duty & Shift Management of the Venues
- Responsible for ensuring the venue is safe for staff and customers and completion of venue checklists and monitoring during opening hours.
- Responsible for delegated DPS role for the venue when the duty managing (DPS not present) and ensure that the venue is operating according to Licensing laws and conditions of the venue license.
- Briefing bar staff and security
- Managing all venue staff’s performance at the event (including prep and end of night), including providing feedback to staff and relevant manager where required and taking any disciplinary actions where necessary.
- High level of performance during clubnight operation
- Dealing with bands and tour managers
- Performing settlements
- Cashing up tills
- Creating P&L’s and distributing internally
- Alarming and securing both venues
2. Co-ordination of Bar Personnel
- Production of rotas for bar personnel in a suitable time frame as requested by the General Manager
- Production of rotas for cleaning personnel in a suitable time frame as requested by the General Manager
- Bar personnel and cleaners to be rota’d in accordance with budget and financial targets as distributed by the General Manager
Venue Systems & Procedures
- Liaising with Security on show days and club nights
- Generating Security briefs to be presented to security staff on a nightly basis
Assistance to GM
- Assist the General Manager in the venue operation, including staffing or systems as directed by the manager
- Covering the work of other Assistant Managers during their absence (holidays, illness etc) as directed by the General Manager
- Comply with and ensure that company financial procedures are kept
- Maintenance of venue accounts sheets: P&L
- Responsible for production, completion and verification of venue compliance documentation (bar refusal sheets, bar hygiene checklists, club checks, closing club checks, toilet check sheets, housekeeping records, accident reports)
- Responsible for the completion of the venue’s weekly filing system
- Updating and monitoring the company’s accident management system
4. Recruitment & Development of staff
- Involved in the recruitment, training, appraisal and development of venue staff (retail, reception, cloakroom, cleaners, maintenance)
- Providing assistance to the General Manager in knowledge and development of personnel standards and execution of sales procedures; including food service, table service and bar service
Key Working Relationships
- Rock City Management Team
- DHP Family Promoters
- Finance Department
- Event Staff (including tech, security, bar)
- Visiting bands, DJ’s and artistes
- 3rd party promoters
- Suppliers and contractors
- Security company & staff
If this role excites you and you are interested in developing a career with an award winning industry leader, then please email your covering letter, current and expected salary and a CV to email@example.com
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Please note that due to the number of applications we may receive, we may not be able to reply to all applicants.