General Manager at Oslo
DHP General Manager Oslo – Job Description
JOB TITLE: General Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior General Manager London
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Venue staff, Security
To ensure the venue is operating at a safe and excellent level of service through management of venue staff, operations and compliance procedures and to ensure the venue is operating at a profit through monitoring of controllable costs on a nightly basis. To ensure all venue staff are motivated and meeting the requirements set out for their particular job.
As the general manager, you will be responsible for the daily operations and performance of this stylish bar, restaurant & club operation. Working alongside the operations and sales, promotions and Head Office teams, this is very much a hands-on position, leading from the front, maintaining high company standards of product and service. The focus will be on team training and maintaining excellent service standards while driving the business forward and maximizing growth. We are looking for someone who has over 2 years as a manager in a restaurant and is focused on excellent customer service and making Oslo as food destination.
The General Manager will have good P&L knowledge and a passion for customer focus with an eye for detail. There are great career progression opportunities for a vibrant and driven Manager.
- Duty & Shift Management of the Venue
- Responsible for ensuring the venue is safe for staff and customers and completion of venue checklists and monitoring during opening hours.
- Responsible for delegated DPS role for the venue when the duty managing (DPS not present) and ensure that the venue is operating according to Licensing laws and conditions of the venue license.
- Briefing bar staff and security
- Managing all venue staff’s performance at the event (including prep and end of night), including providing feedback to staff and relevant manager where required and taking any disciplinary actions where necessary.
- High level of performance during clubnight operation
- Dealing with bands and tour managers
- Performing settlements
- Cashing up tills
- Creating P&L’s and distributing internally
- Alarming and securing both venues
Awareness of food and serving food in a venue is desirable.
- Staff Management and recruitment
- Production of rotas for bar personnel in a suitable time frame as requested by the General Manager and within appropriate staff and venue budget
- Ensure all staff complete appropriate training on the on line Flow system and have all correct paperwork completed and up to date.
- Recruitment and development (reviews and appraisals) of staff for the venue as and when required.
- Update and maintain the DHP time management system, payroll and staff online system
- Bar personnel and cleaners to be rota’d in accordance with budget and financial targets as distributed by the General Manager
- Providing assistance to the General Manager in knowledge and development of personnel standards and execution of sales procedures; including food service, table service and bar service
Venue Systems & Procedures
- Liaising with Security on show days and club nights
- Generating Security briefs to be presented to security staff on a nightly basis
- Comply with and ensure that company financial procedures are kept to, including the Purchase Ordering system.
- Control venue costs to deliver venue KPI’s.
- Ensure production of accurate nightly P&L’s and reports and their distribution to relevant DHP managers
- Responsible for cash held in the venue. Work closely alongside Finance team to adopt best practice in cash handling (safety of cash and personnel and minimising amounts of cash held in the venue).
- Working with the finance team and senior management will forecast yearly budgets and strive with the help of your team to meet set targets.
- Present monthly review of the business
- Fulfil the DPS role for the venue and ensure that the venue is operating according to Licensing laws and conditions of the venue license.
- Liaise with police & licensing authority. Ensure venue representation at Pubwatch meetings
Venue Systems and procedures
- Ensuring the venue operates according to its operating policies (such as the venue operating, security, health & safety policies).
- Responsible for venue stocks (including bar), their security and maintaining at their optimum levels.
- Developing and implementing systems and procedures to improve the performance of the venue.
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of the food service and exceptional customer service and experience
- Work with the Head Chef on Menu development, pricing and specials
- Effective communication with the Head Chef regarding staffing, costs and training of Kitchen and bar staff.
- Responsible for production, completion and verification of venue compliance documentation (bar refusal sheets, bar hygiene checklists, club checks, closing club checks, toilet check sheets, housekeeping records, accident reports)
- Responsible for the completion of the venue’s weekly filing system
- Updating and monitoring the company’s accident management system
Health and Safety
- Responsible for overall Health & Safety monitoring and implementing of safe systems of work in the venue.
- Responsible for the creating and updating (as applicable) of the venue’s Risk Assessments and the cascading of information on controls measures to the relevant persons.
- Ensure venue operates to standardised company procedures, including accident reporting and investigation.
- Responsible for H&S monitoring & staff training where required (Assistant Managers and Bar Staff)
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Oslo venue team
- Area Manager / Senior General Manager
- DHP Family Promoters
- DHP Head office staff
- Event Staff (including tech, security, bar)
- Visiting bands, DJ’s and artistes
- 3rd party promoters
- Suppliers and contractors
- Security company & staff
If this role excites you and you are interested in developing a career with an award winning industry leader, then please email your covering letter, current and expected salary and a CV to email@example.com
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Please note that due to the number of applications we may receive please note we may not be able to reply to all applications.