Just in case you’re not aware, our associate companies are:
– DHP Family (National Live Music Promoter, promoting loads of gigs from tiny bars to stadiums)
– alt.tickets (our super useful ticketing platform where you can set ticket reminders and join the waiting list for tickets for all the shows at Thekla)
– Rock City, Rescue Rooms, Stealth and The Bodega (where it all began, before we ventured to the West Country, our music venues in Nottingham)
– Splendour in Nottingham, Dot To Dot, Mirrors, Everywhere, Hit The Deck and Beat The Streets (our awesome music festivals)
– Oslo Hackney, The Borderline, The Garage and Thousand Island (our newest music venues in London, which are nearly as cool as Thekla)
– Women In Music (our exciting new event to address the gender imbalance in the music industry)
Below we have outlined the ways in which we collect your information:
- When you buy a ticket to any event at Thekla
- If you sign up to the Thekla mailing list
- If you respond to a promotion or enter a competition
- If you visit the Thekla website
- When you log in to the WiFi on board
- If you contact us directly via email or on the telephone
|What information we collect||Why||How long do we keep this for?|
|Your Name (First & Last)
|We’re all friends here and it’s important to us that we address you like a friend so you can have a pleasant and personal experience with us, we can’t do that without your name.||We’ll keep this for up to 6 years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be by booking a ticket, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email.|
|Address||As we mentioned above, we’ve got lots of great venues and festivals outside the South West and we promote shows all over the country so we use your postcode to keep you up to date on exciting things we may be working on near you (but only if you’ve asked us to let you know).||To make your ticket buying experience easier, we’ll save your address on your account if you’ve booked tickets with us before. We’ll keep this for no longer than 6 years, at which point we’ll ask you to update your information and let us know you’re still happy for us to use this.
If you’ve given us your address for a competition, we’ll use this to send you your prize and then delete the info.
|Purchase history||So we can send you the shows and events we think you’ll be most interested in, to make sure you don’t miss out on that band or DJ you love before they play a huge venue.||We’ll keep this for as long as you’re on our database, you can choose to unsubscribe at any point.|
|IP Address & Device type.
|If you have opted in to receive marketing emails from us then we’ll also use it to keep you up to date with everything going on aboard the good ship Thekla. You can opt out of these emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any email we send you or by emailing or writing to us with your details.||We’ll keep this for up to 6 years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be by booking a ticket, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email.|
|To send you reminders about gigs that are about to go on sale (we’ll only do this if you have requested this information) or to send you information you need to know about the show. Please note we have to pass your mobile number on to an external company who send out text messages on our behalf.||On sale and waiting list reminders sent via text are used one-time only unless you have opted in to receive further communication from us.|
|Date of birth||We’re proud to entertain people of all ages on the boat and we keep hold of your Date Of Birth to help us get a better understanding of our audience and to send you information about the events we think you’ll like.||As your D.O.B stays the same we’ll hold this information for as long as you’re opted in to our mailing lists (we’ll check in with you regularly to see that you still want to be on our database).|
|Musical interests||The reason you’re here in the first place! This information is important so that we can keep you up to date on the events that matter most to you.||We realise people’s interests change regularly, we’ll keep this information on file for 6 years, but you can update your preferences at any time by getting in contact via email on DPO@dhpfamily.com with your name, email address and changes in preference.|
|CCTV Images and audio recordings
|To assist in keeping members of the public, visitors, employees and contractors safe whilst on our premises.
To help reduce crime and disorder on the boat.
To improve crime detection and provide evidence in legal claims or prosecutions
|DHP Family has several different CCTV systems in it premises which all have a recording function which records over existing data when the storage is full. These systems are set up to record data for a minimum of 31 days in normal circumstances. Data on the CCTV systems will be deleted after 3 months if not already over written by the normal function of the CCTV system. Copies may be made of CCTV recordings and kept for 3 years when part of legal proceedings or where we have reasonable grounds to expect they will form part of legal proceedings.|
|We have a legal duty to record accidents and accident records form part of the information gathered by DHP Family.
We use accident anonymised data to monitor safety performance within DHP Family operations.
|We keep these records for 6 years.
We will remove personal information from records after 6 years. We will use anonymised data indefinitely or until it is no longer used in monitoring safety to the company.
We work hard to deliver great concerts, festivals and club nights, so from time to time we might also contact you for market research purposes to help us achieve this. We respect your privacy and will never share your information with third parties unless you give your consent.
You have lots of important rights in regard to your data, they’re important to us too. You can get to grips with them below.
– The right to be informed about how your data is used and collected – hopefully we’ve explained ourselves well enough here but if you have any further questions then please give us a shout.
– The right to request what personal information we have on file – you can request this by getting in touch with us here, please note it takes a little while to pull this together but we’ll be as quick as we can and will make sure we get it over to you no later than one month after requested.
– The right to make sure your information is correct and up to date – if you want to update any of your information, including your marketing preferences, you can email us and we’ll update this within a month.
– The right to ask us to move your data to another company in a safe and secure way.
If you decide that our news and updates no longer float your boat (sorry…) you can opt out at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any of the emails you get from us, or by getting in touch with us directly via email or through the post. Our contact details are below or on the you can get in contact via email on DPO@dhpfamily.com. We’ll be as quick as we can but please note it can take up to a month from when we receive your message to get you unsubscribed.
If you’d like to sail away (sorry again..) for good, it will be a shame to see you go but we respect your decision (don’t worry you’ll be welcome back any time). We can delete all the data we hold on you and sever all ties, just get in touch with us to let us know but don’t forget to include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
Thekla, The Grove, East Mud Dock
Bristol, BS1 4RB
0117 929 3301
The Wallis Building, Plumptre Place
Nottingham, NG1 1LW
2nd Floor, 16a Crane Grove
London, N7 8NN