Trainee Assistant Manager (TAM)- Rock City – Nottingham
Role: Trainee Assistant Manager (TAM)
Location: Rock City – Nottingham
Reports to: General Manager
DHP Family is one of the UK’s leading companies in the entertainment sector, with our main activities being Concert promotion, running clubs, operating venues and managing artists. Established in Nottingham more than 30 years ago, and now operating successfully nationwide we believe our mixture of big company capability and small company ethics makes us unique.
With training and under guidance from the venue General Manager the TAM role is to ensure the venue is operating at an effective and safe level and according to the conditions stipulated in the Premises Licence and DHP Health & Safety policy. To provide excellent level of service through management of venue staff and compliance procedures and to aid in ensuring the venue is operating at a profit through monitoring of controllable costs on a nightly basis.
Key Responsibilities (during and after appropriate training and not exhaustive)
- To complete and pass the TAM programme and Flow training modules
- Assisting and supporting the Duty Manager in the day to day operation of the business including live events and club nights while training and progressing to running these events independently.
- To gain an understanding of the complex nature of running a venue.
- Duty manager duties as and when required
- Understanding and keeping the organisation compliant of the four licensing objectives, premises license and ensuring that whilst the venue is operating it adheres to and promotes these.
- Assisting the management team with compiling and organising the staff rota as well as the recruitment and management of staff as appropriate.
- Working with the Venue management team training staff members in all relevant aspects of their role and of DHP Family’s policies and procedures that are specific to their role.
- Understanding DHP Family’s H&S policies and procedures and ensuring that these are implemented at all times.
- As and when required you will be required to undertake stock management and line cleans.
- Liaising with bands and tour managers and crew.
- Cashing up tills
- Completion of paperwork relating to the venue
- Improve and maintain venue standards
- Ad hoc project work
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Previous experience in bars/ live music venues would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to use MS Office Suite and e-mail is desirable or a willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail
- Good people skills
- Motivational skills
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Ability to prioritise, plan, and work to strict deadlines
- Passionate about ensuring that every customer that comes to our venue has an amazing time.
Please be advised that this post requires a mixture of daytime, evening (including late night) and weekend shifts.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
We value all applications, however due to the volume of response we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience closely match the requirements of our clients.
If you would like to be part of our exciting organisation and feel that you meet the above requirements, please apply with your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org